Infopath updating the site content type failed


14-Dec-2015 02:59

One of the issues was a Share Point Library on their Intranet having a required field, even though Require that this column contains information was set to “No”. There’s a lot of potential in the Hub, but as always requires good planning and troubleshooting skills :)Today is trouble solving day at a customer.Recently I picked up a project on Office 365 with a content type hub.I got some deployment scripts that were developed before by someone else. I created a content type hub I then activated the content type publishing feature and tried to publish my content types and I got a big ugly error: For the content type hubs Apparently on Office 365 a content type hub has been pre-configured.French native living in London, for over 10 years François built applications with the end-user in mind before UX term became mainstream.

infopath updating the site content type failed-4

No sign up quick discrete sex

Most of the settings are locked down because they’re maintained in the Hub.

I had little hopes for improvement, as this is not really an issue of Content Types but more of the field update mechanism and/or OOXML inner workings.

This XML updates when the Content Type is changed, but it doesn’t when a referenced field changes (like the default value).

So it would definitely not be pushed to the Subscribers.

A quick test with the “Simple Field” proved that this , even when changing the default value in the Hub itself, those changes aren’t pushed to the template. See the aforementioned guide on how to make run the Content Type Subscriber Job immediately so you don’t have to wait for results.